C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 08:54:26 -0500
Mag,

An epidural block has several "definitions", if you will.  In my case, the
disks of all five of the lumbar vertebrae were squeezing the spinal cord or
peripheral nerve trunks.  This causes great pain and numbness/tingling from
the lower back down.  The Doc uses a catheter inserted in the base of the
spine to inject cortisone into the open spaces of these vertebrae.  This is
done three times; once every two weeks.  The idea is that the steroid with
shrink the inflammed tissue and releive the pressure on the nerves.  Relief
is provided in about 50% of cases.

Thanks for the condolences re: my boss.  He was a very kind man and a joy to
serve.

-Kyle