From:
Andrea Dennis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 17:07:34 -0500

Apparently everyone contacting Duncan Hines is doing
some good !!!! (YAY! Go GF people!)

anyway...here is the response that I received from
Duncan Hines. BTW, I wrote them an email SEVERAL weeks
ago and just received this response today.

*******

Thank you for contacting Duncan Hines,

We appreciate your concern on the addition of the Malt Syrup to
the Duncan Hines Homestyle Vanilla Frosting There was a chanjge
to the Vanilla Fryosting, but we are in the process of
reformulating the frosting and the Malt syrup will be removed.
This change will take several months before it will be available
on the shelf.  Thank you again for your concern and please feel
free to contact us if any further information is needed.

All of our other Duncan Hines frosting are Gluten Free.

If you have any additional questions, please visit us at our web
site or call us at 1-800-845-7286.

*****

I have heard that some people were told that there was
only a short listing of GF frostings. Regardless,
this "lesson" just reinforces that we need to continue
to read labels. If any of this is in question, please
feel free to call the company as always.

Take care!

Andrea