From:
Rosalie Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:12:25 EST

Thank you all for responding. Here is a list of g/f, lactose free
antibiotics that you suggested for people who could not take penicillin.
Cipro(ciprofloxacine) Dynobac(erythromycin family) easier on the gi
tract Doxycycline in genereic form  Zenith/Goldine Mfgr.

Vibramycin by Pfizer (brand name of doxycycline) Levaquin Avelox ( has
lactose) I checked the rxlist.com Keflex(cephalexin) but is cousin to
penicillin family Erythromycin Cleocin(clindamycin) If you have colitis,
shouldn't be taking it, has dire effects.

Zithromax

These are sulfa drugs to take:

Bactrim, zithromax, Levaquin, Septra. If you are allergic to sulfa, disregard
these drugs.

A few respondents said that antibiotic treatment is no longer needed if you
have MVP. It was thought that is because MOST dentists use cavatrons which
cause no bleeding when you get a cleaning. For peridontal work, take
antibiotics.  Thanks to all that replied. I guess that the doxycycline is ok
to take, it's just my gi tract acting up....

Happy Holidays upcoming,
Rosalie NJ