From:
Susan L. Cleveley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 10:26:30 -0800

I wrote:  "What can be substituted for dry milk powder, dry buttermilk
powder?  We can't use dry soy milk powder either?"

I see that it was confusing.  I forgot to put an "and" between dry milk and
dry buttermilk.  We just found out that we can not have dairy (milk & eggs),
corn, soy, potatoes, and rice, hence my question.  I am trying to recreate
something to eat out of my old GF recipes.

Most people suggested Vance's Dari-Free, which is potato based.  I think I
will go for the nut meal.  Thanks for the suggestions.

I would use Vance's dairy powder, and add about 1/2 t. of vinegar for each
recipe you make, to replace the tartness of the buttermilk.

Better Than Milk, Rice, LIGHT (comes in vanilla and original).

IMHO: very sweet (too sweet); if you use it as a beverage, let it sit
overnight, then shake/stir again. Its really fluffy (poufy, the dust
aerates into a fine powder that makes me sneeze/cough sometimes). Is
wonderful as a dusting in place of powdered sugar. You can order it from
www.somethingbetternaturalfoods.com (I have never heard of this, but I
would like to know more)

If something calls for reg milk, you can sub soy milk, goat's milk, fruit
juices, water or even booze, depending on the recipe.

USE RICE MILK

>You don't need a powder (lil) or almond meal that works fine(lil)

I substitute almond meal for dried dairy powders for baking.