EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Karyl Loux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 07:33:03 -0500
If you check out Reprotronics you will find some incredible tools to create
tactile graphics very simply.  Then using the same tools, you can label the
graphics so that when they are placed on a touch pad attached to a computer,
each item touched can have 3 levels of detailed information about that
particular part of the graphic.  To check this out you go to
www.repro-tronics.com and then check out the Tactile Graphics Designer.
After that check out the Tactile Image Enhancer.  They have a skeleton
graphic already created, as well.  With these tools, there are no graphics
that cannot be adapted and used exceptionally well by visually impaired
students.  (By the way, I don't work for this company I am a user of their
products and love them.  Further, as a transcriber I have been told that my
tactiles that I create with TGD are the best.)

Karyl Loux, Senior Associate
De Witt & Associates
700 Godwin Ave. Suite 110
Midland Park, NJ 07432