From:
Ann Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:45:36 EST

I received several questions about whether this piecrust recipe would be good
with fruit pies, cream pies or nut pies.  The recipe was converted from an
apple/cranberry pie recipe, and so I believe it would be good with most fruit
pies and pecan pie.  The amount of cinnamon and sugar in the recipe can be
altered to suit one's taste, so it probably would be good for almost any type
of pie.

There were also questions about the baking time and temperature.  I baked my
pumpkin pie for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.  I follow the directions on the
back of the canned pumpkin for baking time.

Several people were glad to get the recipe and I also noted that this
cornmeal crust recipe without sugar and spice is very good for making quiche.

Another person was curious about the properties in tapioca starch and potato
starch in the g/f flour mix.  Potato starch gives it thickening, and tapioca
gives it chewiness according to the creator of this g/f mix.

That's all that was discussed concerning the recipe.  Happy Thanksgiving to
everyone.

Ann