From:
Laurie Carollo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:32:59 -0600

Dear Listmates,

A while ago I sent a survival kits response to Ayn, who was trying to
find a way around keeping one at work and one at home, and thought I
should pass it along to the group:

This is just a thought:  Since you're probably 99% of the time near your
car, why not keep your survival kit there?  I can think of a couple of
drawbacks, like it would be exposed to more extreme temperatures and it
would take up valuable space in your trunk, but at least you could lock
it up and it would most likely be near by in an emergency.  It would
also do double duty for those times when you find yourself away from
home with no good food options available- as long as you remember to
re-stock!

Ayn also pointed out that this would not be an option for carpoolers.

Laurie, Wyoming