From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:31:08 -0400
I think you hit the nail on the head in your first sentence. It may be that the drivers for your modem/soundcard have not been updated to work in Win Me.  If you look in device manager is there a yellow exclamation point next to this device?  You might go to the web site of the manufacturer to see if this card will work in Win Me.  You might check the "inf" folder in Win Me to see if there is an "inf" for this device.  You might also check the drivers folder on the installation disk.

>Windows ME doesn't recognize my modem/sound card.
>PC is HP Pavilion with a combination modem-sound card.
>
>When I did a clean install of W98 and when I did a
>clean install of W98se I installed the driver I
>downloaded from Hewlett Packard and both times all
>when well. That same driver is the only one available
>from HP for my computer today.
>
>My problem is that I have done a clean install of
>WindowsME, installed that driver, and Windows can't
>find my modem or sound card even though the driver
>install program says it was installed and detected.
>
>I'm puzzled and really don't know where to start.
>Does anyone have any ideas of how to solve this?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com