From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:29:34 +0200
For me regularity is not related to fiber intake. I don't have any problems
going even a few days very low carbs (2-3 g of fiber probably) and I still
have daily regularity. But if I go too low in fat it always has the bad
consequences.
On the other hand when being veggie I eat 50-60 g of fiber, drinking loads
of water and battled with chronic constipation.

Constipation may be related to:
digestive problems - the amount of digestive enzymes and bile you produce
influence your transition time
tension - your colon is a muscule so if it's paralized by stress there's no
evacutaion
too much water - if your digestion is weak too much water (esp. cold) i s
slowing the process down

Paul Sand