RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 17:54:00 -0700
Well.. I tried using commercial yogurt as a starter instead of the liquid
acidophilus supplement, and it worked much better.  As I do with my
soon-to-be-sour cream, I put the mixture (a heaping tablespoon to a quart of
raw milk) in the turned-off gas oven for a while, and it came out quite
yummy.  It took around 14 hours, which is longer than my sour cream takes,
but I guess different bugs just work at different paces.

Thanks for the offer of starter, Erin, but I found a company called
Yogourmet that makes starters for yogurt, kefir, cheese, and crème Bulgare
(which I understand is just a type of sour cream).  Their products are
available through several websites, and I ordered a little of each.  I'll
let y'all know how they turn out.

Carol