Date:
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:22:53 -0500
Try installing in another pci slot...
Make sure the slot you are using is not sharing irq resources.
Try taking out all the other cards out except the video of course and doing
an install.

Fred Caldwell
Computerboy

> I just installed a SB-LIVE VALUE sound card on my machine and when I
restarted,during boot to windows 98se it locked up with a black screen.
After restarting again it booted up to the desktop. When I click on anything
to do with Soundblaster, I get the bsod  stating that a fatal error has
occurred at vxd----EMU10K1.  I don't get any sound from it either. My mobo
uses VIA Apollo Pro 133A chipset if this has anything to do with it. If I
install this card and software on any other working machine---the same error
message comes up too.I'm at my wits end on this one.  Can anybody help?
Thanks  Edwin Bogert