From:
Ann Mullikin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 14:03:30 -0400
Hi

I grieve for your son.  Same thing happened to me.  When I was six months old
I weighed only a pound more than at birth.  The doctor told my mother I
wasn't going to live and so she had more or less given up on me.  My two
older sisters kinda carried me around on a pillow.  Finally, someone told my
mother about soy milk and she started to give it to me instead of cows milk.
 I thrived (more or less) after that.  Of course she kept trying to give me
cows milk later on.  Nobody knew about my problem with wheat.  To make a long
story short - I was chronically constipated all my life until I finally spent
a year with a food allergist.  Once I stopped the grains and dairy the
constipation went away.  But - I have diverticulosis which I will have the
rest of my life.  The Zone is a great diet for me - but I'm paleo too since I
don't do grains or dairy.  Healthier than I have ever been in my life.

Wonder when the pediatricians will over wake up to the problem?  Is there any
hope your son will get better now that he is away from the problems?  Does he
have a problem with wheat also?

My very best wishes to you and yours

Ann