From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 23:52:20 -0700
Karl wrote:
>> I'm planning on starting endurance and strength
training at the Y in order to help speed the process along faster.
Although at this rate of progress, I'm reluctant to mess with it. <<

if you carry thru with your plans of exercise, in the short term you may
not experience any weight loss BUT the good news will be:

- you'll have to get smaller pants again, fat weight might be offset
with muscle weight gain at the beginning, but in the long run the
increased lean body muscle mass will help your body shed weight quickly
est. 4-6 weeks then you'll have the best of both worlds, good wholesome
"natural" food and exercise

- exercise can be habit forming, I'm not sure what it is but, the oxygen
high or what, but a combination of aerobic and weight training seems to
beg for more and more which is kind of an enjoyable pursuit

- any excess money you find in your bank account will soon disappear on
"sporty" things like bicycles, aquacentre membership, trips with other
folks in walks clubs etc. -- some folks even buy hawks and go hunting :)