From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 08:18:32 -0800
----------
> From: Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
> Although I have lent the book to someone, I recall that the Eades
> recommend the use of "ghee" or clarified butter for cooking.  I
> gather that the clarification process removes most of the
> remaining lactose and casein.  Not very "paleo" though.

What is paleo?  Paleo must be whatever is the correct food for our health.
I believe we have to constantly challenge our preconceptions. While it is
very likely that dairy was never consumed in the paleo diet, it is equally
unlikely that a brazil nut was. The argument that the brazil nut is close
enough nutritionally to other nuts can be countered with the argument that
human milk contains lactose and casein and is therefore close enough to
cows milk. See site.

http://classes.aces.uiuc.edu/AnSci308/HumanLact.html#Macronutrient
Composition of Human Milk

The more evidence we can bring to question our theory the better. I do not
wish to be mischievious.

Gary