From:
Ida Penn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 21:22:21 UT
Tim,

This diet is simple to follow (I follow PP mostly with new reductions in the
dairy as per Neanderthin).  Here is the just of what a single man should do.
Buy meat, any kind that you like, and separate it into meal portions.  Stock
up on veggies (I use frozen and canned), you can even buy the small cans (I
buy small spinach cans because everyone in my family hates spinach).  Cottage
cheese is a great staple if you are doing dairy.  Eggs are a must and a
wonderful quick meal if you are too tired to mess with it.  Nuts are a great
standby for snacks, as are pork rinds.

I think that if you know the jest of this diet you will find that it requires
far less preparation time then you think.  I spend a lot less time in the
kitchen.  Usually I can have a piece of meat made, some veggies heated up and
a cucumber salad or cottage cheese ready in about 15 minutes.  Breakfast is a
breeze and if you are like me and like to eat out this is the easiest diet to
follow!

There are a lot of great recipes that are posted here and there, but I seldom
have time for anything that requires much kitchen time.  Again, that is one
nice aspect about this diet.  My sister, who is single puts a roast in the
crockpot and cooks it while she is sleeping.  In the am she has lunch ready
for that day at work and then she packages up the rest for quick meals
(freezing them).

I read a lot of apprehension in your post, almost like you don't buy this
diet.  I can understand that and might I suggest that you know your diet and
have a good commitment to it before trying it.  WHY?  Because you will be
bitched at and warned and etc. for the fashion in which you eat!  Trust me,
not a day goes by that I don't find myself defending my diet!

Good luck and welcome!

Ida M. Penn, RN
"Nothing exceeds like excess!"