From:
Al Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 15:41:22 -0400
At 08:24 AM 6/11/97 -0600, Tim Mulligan wrote:

>I need some
>recommendations about what kind of meals to eat on a daily basis.  I'm
>not into long hours in the kitchen making involved concoctions.  I'm
>single, and so I would prefer stuff that's simple and doesn't require me
>to prepare so much food that it will spoil by the time I can finish it.

Hi, Tim

I am also a low budget bachelor and am glad to share a day's typical
food that works for me.

Breakfast is usually a 1/4 lb. hamburger patty - 22% fat or more -
and a piece of fruit, usually a papaya or a grapefruit.  I also like to
cut up an onion or a zucchini squash to saute along with the burger and
soak up the fat. I find it very important to eat -all- the fat or else
I just can't function well.

Lunch - I usually don't get hungry until around 2 pm, but if I have to
take lunch earlier, some nuts and a few raisins will stretch me till
I can eat dinner, anywhere from 6 to 9 pm.

Dinner is about the same as lunch, change the meat to some sort of high
fat meat like pork steaks, etc.  I find most cuts of meat have far too
little fat on them, due to the low fat craze, but you can probably buy
some fat, if necessary. Chicken thighs with all the skin and fat are
another favorite of mine, and usually very economical.

I don't eat green vegetables, salads very much. They don't seem to do
anything for me and I don't really care for them. Besides I'm too lazy
to prepare them.:)

I'm not very big (130 lbs.) so you may need to eat more than I do, but
this has worked extremely well for me so far.  I am completely free of
hypoglycemic symptoms, cravings of any kind, muscle cramps from potassium
deficiency and chronic constipation (all of which persisted under the
other low-carb diets I tried).

I still won't eat fruit of any kind without eating some fat or protein
with it (meat or nuts) and then go easy on the fruit. But snacks are rare
for me, except as I mentioned above.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Aloha

Al Davis