From:
Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 15:36:57 -0400
>I consider my concerns about AA to be largely refuted, and I
>submit that it is not *idle* to air those concerns and to test
>them against the beliefs held by others.

I apologize to all list members if I got snotty or strident yesterday;
that's a very bad habit I have and one I try to break.  I'm better than I
used to be, believe me.

Anyway, I would suggest isn't refuted so much as ought to be placed in the
category of, "a possible but probably not major concern until something
more compelling happens; keep tucked away for future reference."  I'm
personally not worried about it but I could be wrong.  I really don't think
there's anything wrong with discussing this, I think it's valuable so long
as we're cautious about it.

You're probably correct inasmuch as we may eat more AA than historically.
Recent posts from Loren Cordain on the Paleodiet Symposium also suggest the
possibility that trying to get more monosaturated fats may be a more
natural paleolithic pattern after all, because bone marrow is (a) popular
among hunter/gatherers, and (b) largely monosaturated.  I'm not interested
in sucking bones and eating brains too much so I begin to feel that olive
oil looks even more attractive than it has been.