From:
Beverle Sweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 1997 14:15:18 -0800
Ed:
  The real difference is that a used car salesman can't cripple you.
Physically anyway.  I haven't done refined sugar for a long time and
have been Atkins and then Neanderthin for several months now.  I think
the lack of sugar, dairy, grains, nightshade, etc. has helped
everything. I got a good example recently.  Last weekend my husband
decided he would give in to his cravings.  Nachos, ice cream and candy
(!!!)  Today - over a week later - he is still suffering with the cold
he had Monday morning.  He says there is no connection - HA!  I have to
admit that I indulged also.  No ice cream, but lots of candy and nachos
- oh yes, Entenmans new white chocolate and macadamian nut soft
cookies.  I know, I know...disgusting.  I fell asleep on the couch -
naturally - and when I woke up I could barely breathe.  I felt as though
my blood had turned to glue and I couldn't get any oxygen.  I was better
in the morning and luckily I didn't have any lasting effects, but I will
tell you that was enough to keep me straight for a long time.  Never say
never, but I will try to keep that episode in my mind the next time I am
tempted.