From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 07:56:58 -0400
The idea of finding uncured bacon has nothing to do with dieting, but with
preventing cancer.  Basically, on Neanderthin, the idea is to avoid ALL
chemical additives.  This is not too difficult if one simply removes all
refined foods from the diet.  Otherwise, it is very difficult.

John Pavao

>         Make sure it's uncured.

I'm not convinced that it's worth the trouble to find uncured bacon; I've
been eating cured bacon without trouble.  But then again, YMMV, and I'm
really an Atkins/Protein Power dieter rather than strict Neanderthin.