From:
Gary Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 19:37:06 -0700
On Eskimos:
> Nor surprisingly, their health tends to
> improve dramatically when they return to their strict ancestral
diet.(I've
> read this in a couple of places but I'm out of source material at the
> moment)

Here are some relating to the Australian Aborigine.

Gary

1.O'Dea K; Marked improvement in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in
diabetic Australian aborigines after temporary reversion to traditional
lifestyle. (Diabetes, 1984 Jun, Abstract available) [MEDLINE]

2. O'Dea K; Westernisation, insulin resistance and diabetes in Australian
aborigines. (Med J Aust, 1991 Aug 19, Abstract available) [MEDLINE]3 O'Dea
K , et al; Impact of Westernization on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in
Australian Aborigines. (Diabetologia, 1982 Mar, Abstract available)
[MEDLINE]

3. O'Dea K , et al; Metabolic adaptation to a low carbohydrate-high protein
('traditional') diet in Australian Aborigines. (Diabetologia, 1982 Dec,
Abstract available) [MEDLINE]

4. O'Dea K; Westernization and non-insulin-dependent diabetes in Australian
Aborigines. (Ethn Dis, 1991 Spring, Abstract available) [MEDLINE]

5. O'Dea K; Traditional diet and food preferences of Australian aboriginal
hunter-gatherers. (Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci, 1991 Nov 29,
Abstract available) [MEDLINE]