NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Darlene Vanasco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:02:26 -0800
My son is now 8 and is allergic(anaphylactic) to milk
eggs and peanuts.
I would be happy to share with you...
What is it you want to know?

As far as food challenging--be careful-and have an
epi-pen jr. on hand, and antihistimine. Ben had his
first anaphylactic reaction at 15 months after a few
contact reactions.

Find a good allergist, and get him blood or scratch
tested (if they will do scratch at a young age).

Avoid anything that has milk, casein, caseinate,
sodium caseinate, or why in the ingredient list.
This of course limits eating anything (out orat
restuarants) that you can not read the label for.

-Darlene