NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nancy Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:32:43 -0400
Hello!!  My name is Nancy.  I live in NJ and my 14 month old son Tyler is allergic to milk (or so I think).  I am 24, my husband Joe is 27, and owns his own business.  I am a SHAM to Tyler.  The reason we think he has a milk allergy is that he had a constant runny nose from the time we introduced milk at 2 days shy of 1 year old, until we stopped milk.  I actually didn't figure it out til the 2nd time we eliminated milk.  The first time we did it was because he had ( we thought)  a virus (diarrhea), and the runny nose, phelgmy cough and "virus" stopped....we kept him off milk for 5 days....put him back on, and the runny nose and cough returned, and a diaper rash (his 1st ever)appeared.....took him off after 3 days, and it all disappeared again.  He has been on Soy milk and off of all dairy products for 9 days now, and he has no runny nose, no diarrhea, no cough, his breathing sounds better (he had like a bit of a "rattle" in his back before, and he seems to be sleeping better at night too......could all be coincidence, but I highly doubt it......

He was breastfed until 9 months, then fed Good Start til 1 year and we had no previous problems......is that normal??  I mean I am not a big dairy eater but I didn't eliminate to from my diet, and to my knowledge, Good Start is milk based.....

Any info you can give me would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know all of you!!

Nancy

"My son is my greatest accomplishment and the opportunity to raise him is my greatest challenge"