NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Bronwyn Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:11:39 +1000
Hi,
I have been off the list for a year or so. Good to see it is still being used on a daily basis. I have a question about 'copha'. I am allergic to milk protein, so can't use any form of dairy for baking. I don't like to use anything hydrogenated because of the cancer-causing properties. I just bought copha for the first time and the ingredients are solidified coconut oil & soybean lecithin. I just wanted to check that neither of these oils have been hydrogenated as sometimes that isn't mentioned here in Australia. Does anyone else use copha for baking?

Thanks!
Bronwyn