NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 05:51:36 -0400
Robb Holt asked:

> Is there a specific test to determine if one
>reacts to cassein or other milk proteins?  My allergy (scratch) test was
>negative, but is there a non-histamine test such as IgA or IgG?

Yes. It is included in the panels of tests for various foods given by
places like:

 http://www.immunolabs.com/
 http://www.betterhealthusa.com/home.htm
 http://www.drbralyallergyrelief.com/

(First is for doctors, second for consumers, and third is by their medical
director.)

Then on the MS list they are recommending (which is cheaper and less
accurate than the above):

 http://www.tahomaclinic.com/ (then click on Meridian Valley Laboratory
along the left)

And there are other labs, like:

 http://www.gsdl.com/services/compallergyprofile.html
 http://www.foodallergy.com/

The last is Alletess Labs, one used by Dr. Cade for testing autistic kids.

Don.