CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:14:29 -0800
Chuck Armsbury replied:

Yeah, count me in with those who appreciate Noam Chomsky's
scholarship/activism. If anything, his kind of person best represents what
radical graduate students valued the most by 1969-70: researchers breaking
free of the mindbending propaganda taught by Ph.Ds. with contempt for most
of the population surrounding most universities. I was a graduate-school
colleague of the University of Oregon's John Froines of the Chicago Seven
in Eugene, Oregon in the late-1960s-- a place where the U of O almost began
to respect and serve the Eugene/Springfield community. Most of the email
critics of NC sound like other lonely academic types or institute
consultants or COINTELPRO freaks who really need a real job. From a real
town in real America (Colville, WA) comes the good word that Chomsky
appeals to many ordinary people precisely because he nails the imperialist,
capaitalist USA with its 2 million prisoners, the world's largest jailer,
the planetary boss hog. What a drag always having to be the one to break
myths and be hated for it. That's the Drug War too, and you can learn who I
am by taking a look at the November Coalition website at
http://www.november.org. Get a grip or a real job you Chomsky haters!
power to the people,
Chuck Armsbury, Senior Editor
The Razor Wire newspaper -- reporting from the trenches of the murderous
War on Drugs