CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 14:53:03 -0600
Issodos, you seem determined not to understand what I am writing about.
I chose antibiotic resistance to begin to discuss the dysfunctional
capitalist  medical system.    I just added a comment about mental
health, and how capitalism and it's "care" systems produce mental
illness, rather than find cures for it.       And I will write about
Cancer next.     Do you get the drift?      Maybe I'll go on to OB next.

Let me get you to consider, for a brief moment, the key to what I'm
writing about.      Medicine is more than what is behind a Dr.'s office,
or inside hospital walls.     It is more than tech or chemistry.
There, try to go on from here.

As for Cuba and HIV.     Have you considered where you would be most
likely to get infected with HIV, and even pass it on to your family?
No, I guess not.

Would ideologues and fellas like you rather be health workers in the US,
or in Cuba?      Before you answer with one of your uninformed vacuous
comments, consider yourself juggling needles in the dark in a hospital
speedup situation.    Get the picture now?

Warmly, Tony Abdo