C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:45:05 EST
In a message dated 3/12/2002 6:06:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> What about mirrors, a 45 degree mirror on the ceiling would fool that
> Bundy his momma had got REALLY tall. Yeah, mirrors (and smoke of
> course).

My whole day feels like various smoke and mirror experiments to see what will
be most entertaining to him.

I can think of a lot of things that would freak him out, and that's probably
on top of the list.  If getting to the highest place is his perceived ticket
to safety, this would put him in the birdy rubber room before too long.

Let's do it.

I did -- true story -- think of you this afternoon, when I played my favorite
Beatles song to him.

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl,
but she doesn't have a lot to say.
Her majesty's a pretty nice girl,
but she changes from day to day.

I wanna tell her that I love her a lot, but I gotta get a belly full of wine.

Her majesty's a pretty nice girl,
some day I'm gonna make her mine, o mine.
Some day I'm gonna make her mine.

It's all more smoke and mirrors.  I'm just looking for whatever it takes to
appease him, as long as it doesn't reinforce screeching.  Man, on a bad day
it's like living with Joan Crawford in her daughter's clothes closet.

> > Blue tit -- it's a little bird in the UK.  I think it's a woodland
> > species, but should look it up to be sure.  They have been known
> > for their ability to remove the tops of cream containers that are
> > delivered door to door, to get the cream on the inside of the lid.
> > I couldn't resist the joke though.  Of course, we have the tit
> > mouse here.
>
> We still get our milk delivered to the door in glass bottles with
> foil tops. Over the last 30 years the blue tit population has really
> declined, and I see even fewer Great Tits, but I do have to wear
> glasses for close up work now!!

You are such a Deri...