C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:13:53 EST
In a message dated 3/11/2002 11:22:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Before the surgery my vision was less than 20/100 with glasses and now it's
> 20/20 with glasses and 20/35 without.

That must have been an amazing change for you Kat.

> I guess, too, that I'm a bit concerned that you're considering other
> surgery on top of the pump, along with your pain management issues. If I
> were you, I'd focus on the pain management and medically neceesary
> procedures and then consider the eye surgery (if you think you can handle
> the risks) later.
>
> Kat

 I thought this too.  Yet, I want everything about my situation fixed pronto,
so what can I say?

I can feel for you Jenn, certainly because of the pain you are coping with,
but too  because of the frustration all of this brings.  These things that
can help are out there, but getting them often requires begging, pleading and
fighting.  It shouldn't be like this.

You're handling this like a trooper, just like the social worker said.
You're doing pro active things, and writing to Oprah is not a bad idea at
all.  This is how these shows find about about people's needs, so why not
try?  What you did was cool.

Betty