C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 22:47:14 EST
In a message dated 2/9/2002 7:48:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Jenn, is the Canadian college system set up to where one HAS to take
> courses at a particular time?  I know you want to get done with studying
> as soon as possible, but I took a semester off from my college to have
> some medical work done, and picked up after I got back...
> mike

Can in butt in long enough to share that my first thoughts went to my nephew,
who had to take a year off and work for financial reasons.  He went back and
finished, but for a little while that unplanned break whacked him out.

When you get in that good stride, inturruptions might seem more like
assualts.  College was the first time I really loved a formal education
environment.  There was this great revelation of a richer world than the one
I knew before, and it was being displayed before me in a way that I never
experienced before.  You can bet that I resented anything that might get in
the way.

Jenn, I am hoping for the most expedient resolution for your pain.  If you
have to wait out a semister, just don't forget to keep your eye on the prize.

I never went back, and I heartily regret it.  Keep your eye on the prize.  It
is yours for the taking.