C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:09:29 -0500
Sorry for the cross post but I wanted to share some good news.

Anthony has always HATED being on his stomach so, although we have tried since he was a baby, he has never crept or crawled independantly.

Well, last night Bobby was doing a worm thing across the living room floor (<shrug> ... he's 4...). I guess it looked like fun so Ant decided to give it a try! He managed (with a little help) to pull/ wiggle/ creep across the floor TWICE!! He was so proud and so were we.

He has done so well in all other areas (far better than ever expected) that his physical immobility seemed like such a small thing. But how wonderful it will be for him to be able to get around a bit independently!!!

I think the Botox in his arms (done Nov. 19) may play a role but thank God for "big" brothers!  :-)

Happy Holidays to all!

Yvonne
Mommy to triplets:
Bobby (bright, funny, exasperating... as only a four year old can be);
Anthony (moderate spastic quad CP with an amazing sense of humour and a killer smile);
and our Angel Joey {Apr.14/97 - Dec.31/98} (HIE, CP, CVI, seizures, global delays, BPD, mic-key... and the sweetest giggle. Can you )
Married to Mark (happily back to work after 4 years as a SAHD) in Ottawa, CANADA