C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:06:49 +0000
On Wednesday 05 Dec 2001 1:23 am, Bobby G. Greer, Ph. D. wrote:
> This list is definitely a social interaction between people with CP
> who have come to know one another rather well over the years. I
> have studied this list's volume, and you may not realize this, but
> the over all volume is way down. Some people just can not take the
> chatter, so they can use the delete key or sign-off permanently.

Well these are the figures for 'November' for the last few years:-

            1997     435
            1998     169
            1999     647
            2000    1116
            2001    780

so, not as much as last year, but not 'way down' as a whole.

Another possible strategy is to set yourself to 'digest' mode -
you'll only get one post a day (but it will be a big'un).

>     If we just studied our clinical ills, it would not be the same
> list. I, myself, enjoy the diversity even though some of it is not
> to my taste. But the list decided long ago censoring can not be
> tolerated.
>
> Bobby

Cheers

Deri