C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Zubko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:44:56 -0500
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for being so honest. I am 23, and have never had a serious
relationship with someone of the opposite sex, but someday I want to. I am
glad you have both physicians and midwives working with you... The doctors
can help with medical problems and the midwife sees things from a more
holistic point of view, thus seeing you as a whole person. I don't think I
would want to be walking either if I were pregnant. You are right to take
all precautions. Its great that you are swimming. I should do more of that,
but am busy with school.

I am looking into Intrathecal Baclofen to deal with my pain (neurologist
appointment on December 18th,) amd have just learned from Dr. Leland
Albright at     the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh (one of the first
physicians in the US to implant the pump in CP patients), that the pump does
NOT need to be disconnected during pregnancy because the Baclofen does not
go through the bloodstrean but through the spinal fluid. Maybe there is hope
for me having a baby yet.

         Thank you for your answer. Please keep us informed as to how things
go! I cannot wait till Gabriella is born. You give me hope that someday I
might be a mother too.
God Bless,
Jenn