C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 20:29:36 -0400
Perhaps you and Deri could work together

I seriously think we should look at doing this as we'd be helping those who
come after us, or those who are in the early stages of what we oldsters are
experiencing now. I've followed the threads on falling and I can say that
I've sustained only one serious falling injury, and that had nothing to do
with cp - I can thank a black cat for my dislocated elbow back in 85.

Drugging us is not the answer. We could focus on our exercise regimens,
diet, even alternative protocols (such as I've used with great result for
years, while remaining, for the most part, "doctor drug" free) For those of
us who are on medications that directly relate to cp and aging management,
we need to identify them and explain why we are taking them, and for how
long. Those sorts of things would be helpful.

Also helpful would be lifestyle issues - our eating patterns, our sleeping
patterns, recreation, social time, coping skills at work, etc. Even an
exploration of the psychological impact of our "dis"abling condition would
be important.

Cheers!

Carla
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier