C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 07:03:26 -0500
Carrie,

This is an issue that a lot of us older CP's have discussed amongst
ourselves and our doctors. Unfortunately, the medical profession has very
little case history to objectively access such issues and consequently
doctors don't recognise the fact our bodies wear down faster than AB's do.
I believe it's because we move  abnormally and so put abnormal wear and tear
on our joints, setting the stage for joint problems and muscle fatigue.

I'll wite more on this later but must run to get ready for work!  I'm so
glad it's Friday!

        Kathy S.