BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

"If car was stolen, then God say it not your car." -- NYC cab driver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:17:56 EST
Original: feebly lime mortar made from oyster shell (lab report) performed
very well until hit numerous  times by lightning; and the clay base of the
hill shifted (over 98 yrs)  result :.. Dangerous lean.to monument..solution:
stabilize base and rebuild.....back to the original  question....(for the
lime portland debate  ).so we don't get side tracked.
What mortar goes back ??? (original joints 1/2 inch or less) (drums of column
in 4 parts with ea. part in excess of 2 tons)  want high strength yet
flexible mortar

ps this is not make a fool about anyone because I take that prize, this is to
show examples where lime may or may not be appropriate for the purpose of the
debate
have fun...there are no wrong answers only better solutions ...Michael .... .