Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathleen Lunson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 18:51:22 -0400
In a message dated Wed, 22 May 2002  6:10:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I suspect that the increased yield that I mentioned -- the fact
>that cooking makes more foods available -- created a powerful and
>virtually overnight advantage for those groups that took
>advantage of it, compared to those that didn't.

yes but wasn't it a temporary advantage?  Rather like the fact that development of the atom bomb gave the US an substantial advantage in WWII, but look what it did to the next 50 years.

Obviously at some point hunter gatherer societies evolved culturally into agricultural societies.  The cultural/survival advantages to them were obvious.  That has nothing to do with what WE as individuals should eat and drink for our own advantage.

Kathleen