Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:54:44 -0500
On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:46:23 -0400, Karen Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>You said,
> >>It talks about how to get serotonin into the brain by eating protein but
>then also having some complex carb later to push it into the brain.<<
>
>Never heard of this. Any idea how this works biochemically, or should I
>just
>get the book :)

We had a discussion on the topic here some time ago.
You I've placed a link to the paleofood archives on this at
 httm://www.geocities.com/paleolix
then look for "tryptophan" under "various resources"
(the url is too long to include it here).

They key is how to get the tryptophan (serotonin predecossor) into the brain
- this depends on the free amino acid composition in the blood.

You may be interested to read:
httm://www.earthpulse.com/flanagan/pharmacy.html
On brain chemistry.

Amadeus