CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The philosophy, work & influences of Noam Chomsky" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"D. Simmons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:36:42 EDT
In a message dated 10/13/01 9:33:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> >>Anyone care to start an interesting argument? One thing that intrigues me
> is how the yanks can bear to listen to their head of state. Every time he
> appears on the tele' I cringe with embarrassment.>>

    We've had 8, some would say, 24 years to get used to "cringing".  This is
especially true after the last eight years of the "but" president.  He began
by seemingly agreeing with one side, then he would say or imply "but" and
agree with the other side he actually favored. I must also me truthful and
admit that I quickly learned to turn the volume down after the first sentence
or two coming out of his mouth, and more often, simply walk out of the room.

>  >>How on earth does a retard like that get elected to high office?>>

    1. Surround one with a management team that reflects a corporate board
room.

    2.  Spend lots of money and have Daddy call in heaping shovels full of
political favors.

    3. Demonstrate that, like your predecessors, you know how to play ball
and take care of the "big boy's" interests.

    4. Run against eight years of a White House characterized by corruption,
personal , immorality, hatred or disdain for traditional American views,
hypocrisy, scandal, and lie after lie placing one's self interest above that
of the country.

    5. Have a fella like Al Gore as your opponent.

    6. Let people, especially your enemies, think that you are a simpleton.:-)

    7.  Convince the gullible that you are one of them.

    8.  When the opponent attempts to steal an election in a fashion that has
become routine for them, show them that the rules have changed.

    Understand this.  The current administration is the most corporately
structured and corporately loaded group to occupy the White House in recent
memory.  They think and act like CEOs and members of a corporate board.
Neither Bush nor his board are simpletons. They have a different worldview
based on never having actually had to make a living as a part of the labor
force or experience the horrendous insecurities that are a part of modern
life. They also view the world as a place in which one accumulates personal
power, using whatever tools or individuals are available.

  They are also fellas who have never had to think "outside of the box" -
that is, come up with creative solutions or views. They are used to snapping
their fingers and having their bidding done.
Yours,
Issodhos