C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Roslyn Mckearney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 13:18:46 +1030
Hi Jen,

I have been quietly praying for you as I have been deeply concerned about
your situation.

I believe all things do really work together for good. I have been going
through a particularly traumatic experience myself, since July 2000. When in
one day I lost all my independence for several months as a result of an over
prescribed drug and the lack of duty of care from my Dr. My muscles
collapsed and I was bedridden for four months. I now have almost complete
strength back but suffer very badly from a sense of constant wobbliness
and/or a vibrating feeling which can be all over my body or in one spot.
Every day I wake up to a different scenario. It prevents me from living the
lifestyle I am accustomed too and also prevents my husband from going very
far away from home as I am still reliant on him to toilet me.

Further more the Dr. has written a totally useless referral to a
Neurologist, which is nothing less than a complete cover up. Sighting my
"poor speech as his reason for not being able to get a history on me". Mind
you he has been my Dr. since 1985 and in the past we have enjoyed many
conversations, even laughs. Also, at times when I have felt the need, I have
emailed him. So I know for sure, he understood what I was saying! Whenever
he didn't, he always asked me to repeat myself. In the referral, there is at
know point any mention of the offending drug. Prednisolone.

BUT through all this, good things have happened. I have a deeper
relationship with my husband ands step-daughters. I have sorted through a
lot of 'stuff'. I had been born with CP, but never knew the deep rooted
anger I had, until I was totally dependent and could do nothing but wait for
time to strengthen my muscles again. I was frightened, grieving and very
angry. I am a Christian and had to first forgive God. Then he asked me to
forgive the Dr. Not just forgive in my heart. But actually email him and
tell him I forgave him.

God will NEVER allow ANYTHING to happen to His kids, He does not know they
can handle. Much as I sometimes still feel otherwise.

I can feel your anger and completely understand. HOWEVER Jen, I truly
believe your prayers have been answered. You say you have been praying. Many
others have been praying very much for you as well. Sometimes, the answer we
receive, is not what we expect or want so we say, that's NOT God and keep on
asking.

Jen, God has answered your prayers abundantly. This man recognizes you
understand your disability. He recognizes you as a self advocate. He
genuinely cares about you and is not racing in and doing anything without
very careful tests. He and his team have spent time going back and reviewing
your case. They are humble enough to admit their first appraisal may be
wrong. They are prepared to do more tests before operating. Yes, he is
saying he is exasperated by your 'self advocacy'. I personally think the
only thing he has not done is communicate with you as he should have in the
past. But he has done this now.

Jen, I feel to say this...

"Calm yourself, takes some deep breathes and pray asking to have your eyes
open. Then read the letter again. Asking for His grace to read the letter
with an open mind. Then pray, asking God to make your will His will. Know
with your heart He is in charge. Trust Him, He will not allow the Dr. or his
team to do what is not His will for you."

I will keep praying, He truly does have the answers, we just have to ask
with an open mind.

Bless you,
Roslyn.