C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
k gibson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 07:54:31 -0600
Hello everyone, I've been extremely busy lately and haven't written anything
in quite a long time but now I have the need to talk about something close
to me. The Robert Latimer case. Robert Latemir lives about a half an hour
away from me, I live in Regina, Saskatchewan and his place is not too far so
we've beens eeing lot's of him in the paper and in the news.
His daughter did in fact, as everyone knows, had CP. I do agree with him
when he said his daughter was in constant pain but the story behind that is
that he let her have pain. He only gave her Tylenol in her times of pain
becuase he did not beleive in putting her on any '' harsh '' medication, he
also did not give her anything for seizure medications, or so the story is
told. He also complained to the media that there was never any respite
offered to him, or home care. Social ervies did approach him about foster
care, simply becuase he was too far away from any major city and there was
no home care available out where he lives. Why didn't he move then? He knew
that there was not any home care of servies avaialable by his farm, and so,
instead of moving from the farm, he killed her. Of course, he said it was
beuase of her intense pain and lack of '' care '' by the goverment.
My child lives with me in Regina. We have home care come in, he has pain
episodes but I do medicate him with stronger drugs than tylenol. He's not a
zombie, asleep all the time from drugs, he's quite wide awake and not in
pain. Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.