From:
Laura Johnson-Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 15:16:03 -0500

Don Wiss recently sent out a bibliography of potentially useful books.  I
was given a copy of Lynette Coffey's "Wheatless Cooking" book as a gift
several years ago and I would NOT recommend it.  I have never used
another cookbook where so many of the recipes simply do not work as
stated.  I have altered some recipes so they at least function (by
tripling liquids and halving cooking time, etc.)  but most of my results
with the recipes "as printed" have been somewhat disappointing.  Very few
recipes are actually gluten-free (the author's son has a wheat allergy,
not celiac disease).  Other books on the list, such as Bette Hagman's
books, are a much better value!

Laura Johnson-Kelly