VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 20:03:14 -0700
Hi all,
Well, remember my studdering sound card problem any
time I was online today?  Well, here's a freeky one
for you all.  Tonight, I got on to check my email, and
it was still studdering.  So, I went along, then, the
freekiest thing happened to me, and I'd like someone
to tell me what happened here if you've had this
happen to you that is or could share some insight  on
the subject.  So it was still studdering, until I got
to 2 different emails from a friend of myne.  I
clicked on the link to the 1st one, and what do ya
know but not only did the email come on, but a mp3
file came on with the song Rockin Robbin.  Oh yes,
that Rockin Robbin about the birdy goin tweet tweet
tweet.  I had to hit alt+f4 to close everything and
logged back on to yahoo then went to the 2nd email.  I
thought, this music is gone now, I shouldn't have the
problem again. Well, I clicked on the link to hear the
2nd email from the same person, and what do ya know,
same song came back on, and I had to close the window
again.
Well, I logged back on again and now the studdering
sound card is no longer studdering.  Does this make
sense to anyone out there?  It seems like at least,
when the mp3 file from who knows where played, and I
deleted the emails, the studdering left.  I'm in the
dark on this one folks.
take care,
Harry