GeorgeMary <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 07:24:21 -0700
I am trying to refurbish a TriGem 150MHz computer for a friend. It is
running win98se, has 48mb SIMM ram, 2HD of 1.6 G and 2.1G(but nothing on
the 2.1G), a floppy, 56k modem(Creative )  and a CD ROM drive.   The
video card is an old Trident S3(?) that had been working.  Changes
include  new 17" monitor and new CD ROM drive, but the error was
appearing before the additions, occasionally.   The error message is
"fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C141CC83 current application
will be terminated" then a blank screen without icons appears. Any
further key pressing lock the machine, and the power must be shut off.
There is no mention of any Vxd or anything like appears on the fatal
exception explanation sites(infinisource, eg).   The computer will
always start in safe mode, but only occasionally in normal mode. There
are no sound cards or anything unusual that would require drivers, and I
even took out the  CD Rom drive, but nothing changes. Does anyone have
any ideas on how to start troubleshooting? or do I need more info??

George&Mary Skokan ( [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> )

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml