Bradley Marden <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 23:48:47 -0500
Hello I just built a new system and I have a little problem and I am also looking for a few sugestions. The system is an Abit KT7-A-Raid motherboard and an AMD athlon 1000 mhz. I have a NIC card connected for my cable modem and when it is booting after it displays the WIN ME logo it holds there for a while. I am pretty sure that I have read something about this. It is the NIC trying to find an IP address from the host. Am I correct about this and if so is there a way to speed up the boot? On the system before that I had it didn't do this with the same NIC card, the only thing that i changed in the configuration is the motherboard and processor.

Also i was wondering is anyone who has used this Motherboard and had any experiance with the raid array. I have two hard drives one is a 30 gb 7200 rpm and the other is an older 10 gb 5400 rpm hd. I was thinking
 of using the striping. I read that it is not good to use the raid unless you have two identical hard drives. I would like some advise on using the RAID on this.
Also anyone who knows or has any advise on how to get the most out of this Motherboard.

Thank you all

Bradley Marden

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml