From:
Edwin Bogert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:26:38 -0500
Here's one for all you thinkers.---When I first power up my computer, it goes about halfway thru the boot to the windows logo screen and then the screen turns black with an hourglass icon in the middle and just stays there. When I push the reset button it boots up to the safe mode screen. If I select normal mode it boots up to normal and from then everything is alright. Then, when I go to Start/ restart, it boots up normally.  In other words, the only time this happens is when I do a cold power-up. My system consists of the following:
Acorp mobo with Via Apollo pro 133a chipset---via 686B
64mb sdram
celeron 633mhz fcpga
SB Live Value Sound
Diamond S540 Stealth III display adaptor
Maxtor 27.5gb HD--with 2 identified bad sectors totalling 2.48mb

Don't know wether the bad sectors could be causing the problems or not.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml