From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 07:14:24 -0400
I have this card in my Win 98 system with the same Apollo Pro 133A chipset. If you can get it to boot-up go to device manager to see if you have any yellow exclamation points related to it.  The EMU10K1 is part of the card's software.  You may see an exclamation points, and if so, highlight it and click properties.  Check the resources tab and the driver tabs.  I had trouble on the install with EMU10K1, and did 3 before it worked right. Check creative's web site for an updated driver also.

>Try installing in another pci slot...
>Make sure the slot you are using is not sharing irq resources.
>Try taking out all the other cards out except the video of course and doing
>an install.
>

>> I just installed a SB-LIVE VALUE sound card on my machine and when I
>restarted,during boot to windows 98se it locked up with a black screen.
>After restarting again it booted up to the desktop. When I click on anything
>to do with Soundblaster, I get the bsod  stating that a fatal error has
>occurred at vxd----EMU10K1.  I don't get any sound from it either. My mobo
>uses VIA Apollo Pro 133A chipset if this has anything to do with it. If I
>install this card and software on any other working machine---the same error
>message comes up too.I'm at my wits end on this one.  Can anybody help?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com