From:
Rob Elsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:51:10 -0400
Just picked up a SyncMaster 500S model monitor for nothing (supposedly
it works) but the folks kept the power cord and signal cable ... no
problem with replacing the power cord, but wanted to double check re:
signal cable.

Not sure what type of signal cable I need to get.  On the surface it
looks like I'll need a signal cable with both ends being 15 pin male
connectors.  I checked the Samsung Electronics web site, but it only
had data for the SOHO SyncMaster 550S and higher/later models.  I
looked at the .pdf manual for the 550S model and the illustrations
seemed to indicate for that model, the signal cable was built into the
monitor, i.e., no physical connector at the base of the monitor, but
rather a cord coming straight out of it and at the other end of the
cord was a physical connector (which really didn't show any real
physical connector details that I could see).

If any has an old .pdf manual for the SyncMaster 500S hanging around
somewhere ... wouldn't mind if you sent it my way.  Of you don't have
anything like that ... may be you can tell me what the signal cable
type is I need ;>))

Any help here would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rob E.