From:
Irena Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 15:16:42 -0400
Hello Listers:

We are trying to revive an old gateway2000 P5-60. After a crash the disk
has been reformatted, but even with the backup and original cd drivers
(mitsumi fx-series proprietary bus), we lost access to cd drive. (All the
files and lines in autoexec and config as they should be) CMOS
picks up only the HD.  Downloaded generic cd driver does not work either
on mitsumi interface card.

We installed win95 using diskettes. It installed all right, but the
machine is very, very slow.

In Device Manager there is no line for cdrom or Other Devices. Also, under
HD controller there is no line referring to Intel. Under HD controller
there is only 'IDE/ESDI HD controller'.

The bios is AMIBios 92 1.00.06.AF1, 586PCI Mercury mothorboard, pentium
586 processor, WD540IDE HD. FCC ID: HWYBATP5PT.

How can we get (download & install) the intel under HD controllers ?
(we had no luck with gateway pages and no useful support from gateway tech
help ..)

Irena.
------

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,