VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 06:18:08 GMT
Hi Bud, Mike and all,

The reason for the increase in multiple disabilities is simply the
rise in premature births.  More babies can be rescued due to
improved medical science, but this has the unfortunate side-effect
that it leads to a greater proportion of births of babies with
disabilities, often multiple disabilities which would have killed
them were they not kept alive by the doctors and nurses.

Cheers,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk