VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 18:26:43 -0400
From: "Peter Meijer" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 4:21 PM
Subject: [The vOICe] Audio tapes on sensory substitution

Hi All,

For your information, particularly for those with limited
access to the web.

Audio tapes with the Tucson 2002 conference presentations
on sensory substitution are now available from Conference
Recording Service, Inc. Phone (510) 527-3600. Further
ordering information for the audio tapes is appended to
this message. Tapes are probably priced around $10 or $12,
but I did not check this.

To get the presentations by Paul Bach-y-Rita, Pat Fletcher
and me, you need to give the Tape ID# (both Conference Code
and individual tape number), which in this case is TSC22-001.

TSC22-001 covers on two cassettes the plenary opening session
titled "Sensory Substitution I: Visual Consciousness in Blind
Subjects?", consisting of the following three presentations:

1. Paul Bach-y-Rita,
   "Tactile sensory substitution in blind subjects."

2. Peter Meijer,
   "Seeing with sound for the blind: Is it vision?"

3. Pat Fletcher,
   "Seeing with sound: A journey into sight."

As you already know, the last two talks can also be listened
to online if you have the RealOne/Realplayer streaming audio
player, via the following two streaming audio URLs

   http://www.seeingwithsound.com/tucson2002m.ram
   http://www.seeingwithsound.com/tucson2002f.ram

Further ordering information for the audio tapes is appended.

Best wishes,

Peter Meijer

Seeing with Sound - The vOICe
http://www.seeingwithsound.com/winvoice.htm

From the Conference Recording Service, Inc. web page at

   http://www.conferencerecording.com/olorder.htm

ORDERING INFORMATION

With a credit card, simply pick up the phone and call our
toll-free number (800) 647-1110. Please have the Tape ID#
(both Conference Code and individual tape number) ready
for each tape you wish to order. (For example: "INS97-14"
or "ATP95-33") We accept Visa, Mastercard and American
Express.

Your order may take 2 to 4 weeks before receipt.

To unsubscribe from the seeingwithsound list, send a blank e-mail to
[log in to unmask], and to subscribe again send
a blank e-mail to [log in to unmask]

This email was sent to: [log in to unmask]